Looking for 2017 Health Coverage?
We offer free assistance to help you explore your health insurance options.
The Health Insurance Marketplace
It is the law!
The Affordable Care Act requires that you have health insurance, qualify for an exemption, or pay a penalty. In 2017 the penalty is $695 per adult and $347.50 per child or 2.5% of household income (https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/).
What is the Marketplace?
The Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. With one application, you can see all your options and enroll.
Many families qualify for FINANCIAL help to lower costs.
Please bring the following items with you:
1. Social Security numbers or immigration numbers of all members of your household
2. Employment and income information for all members of your household
3. Information about any other insurance that’s available to you (even if you’re not enrolled)
What do I do?
Blue Ridge Medical Center is here to help you with your questions and concerns, and provides FREE in-person assistance with a Certified Application Counselor at the locations below.
4038 Thomas Nelson Hwy
190 S. Main Street
Open Enrollment for 2017 is over. You can enroll in a 2017 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace only if you have a life event that qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period.
What is a Special Enrollment Period?
A Special Enrollment Period (SEP) is a period of time outside open enrollment when consumers can sign up for health insurance in the marketplace.
To be eligible for an SEP, a consumer must have a qualifying life event. Some life events that may qualify you for a SEP are:
• Getting married
• Having a baby
• Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
• Losing other health coverage
• Permanently moving outside your plan’s coverage area
• Gaining citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
• Gaining or continuing status as a member of an Indian tribe or an Alaska Native shareholder
• Leaving incarceration
Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
We are now offering FREE assistance to small businesses interested in finding and acquiring affordable health coverage for their employees.
The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace gives employers with 50 or fewer employees a way to offer health and dental coverage to their employees. It offers financial incentives for employers, essential health benefits for employees and a streamlined yearly process of re-enrollment.
Call today to see if you qualify for a 50% tax credit by applying for coverage through the SHOP Marketplace.